The herbs of the slim kit will be your natural secret for a perfect body all year around.
Thousands of years ago, in the land of the pharaohs, healing balms made with local plants were widely used to retain the skin’s youthful qualities. This happened because, since time immemorial, the beauty’s desire is not a caprice but a right, for everyone.
Slim Kit benefits:
- Boosts the lymphatic drainage
- Detoxifying action
- Fights localized water retention
- Counteracts cellulite blemishes
- Anti-edematous action
- Strengthening of the connective tissue in the blood vessels (vessel-tonic effect)
- Antioxidant function
How to use:
Liver formula: The liver is probably the most overworked organ in the body and plays important body functions which can greatly affect the appearance of your skin and general sense of wellbeing.
An healthy liver can properly filter and break-down toxins from the blood and metabolize carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
When liver function is not optimal, you can have an impaired digestion and skin issues such as dry eczema, psoriasis and itchy skin.
At the first signs your body needs a detox take a cleansing tonic to stimulate gentle elimination of toxins twice a day with the following ingredients:
- 2 fresh leaves of kigarden’s cleavers (liver tonic)
- 2 fresh leaves of kigarden’s hawkweed (depurative)
- 1 slice of fresh turmeric
It is also important to keep in mind the following advices:
Drink raw vegetable juice.
Load up on potassium-rich foods (like bananas, oranges, cantaloupe, peas, cocumbers).
Natural supplements of detoxifiers like dandelion and milk thistle can be taken to stimulate the flow of bile and support liver work.
- 36% reduction in water retention (Meliloto/clinical trials)
- Increase in diuresis (57-88%) (Solidago/rats)
- A natural source of chlorogenic acid, a powerful antioxidant (Hawkweed)
Our plants Slim
Cleavers (Galium aparine)
In Chinese medicine cleavers are used to disperse stagnancy and inflammation and for urinary problems.
It is known traditionally for treating problem skin and flushing the lymph and kidneys. Cleavers is an excellent first aid herbal remedy.
Cleavers is known traditionally for its use in tonifying and cleansing the Lymphatic system. It is a naturally diuretic so it is also good for the kidneys and urinary tract. So Cleavers can be used to treat cystitis and urinary conditions. Because it tonifies the lymph, it can relieve swollen glands, and water retention or oedema.
Cleavers is also known for its use externally. Cleavers is calming to skin irritations, and has an astringent and antiseptic action, making this herb good for healing wounds.
- Traditionally used fresh in cleansing and nutritive spring tonic to clear body’s toxins
- Improve the quality of digestion, support the immune system and reduce inflammatory conditions such as arthritis and gout
- Helpful for skin disorders such as eczema, acne, boils
Goldenrod (Solidago Virgaurea)
Goldenrod is a perennial wayside weed native to North America. It was traditionally used to heal wounds and stop bleeding. Goldenrod is said to boost renal function with an important diuretic activity aimed to reduce the liquid retention.
It has astringent, antispasmodic and antiseptic actions that result useful for digestion problems (colic, gastroenteritis, nausea, worms).
It is useful for reproductive system by regulating the women cycle and relieving menstrual cramps.
It is an excellent anticatarrhal and helps to reduce the production of mucus by decreasing the inflammation on the respiratory tract.
- Boost renal function with an important diuretic activity aimed to reduce the liquid retention and promote toxin elimination
- Astringent, antispasmodic and antiseptic actions useful for digestion problems (colic, gastroenteritis, nausea, worms).
- Helpful for winter diseases acting as decongestant, expectorant and antimicrobial on respiratory system
Parts used: entire plant
Preparation: Dried herb, tincture, tea
Primary activities: antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, diuretic, astringent, support kidney function.
Caution. Avoid in oedema from heart or kidney failure and in known allergy
Yellow Sweet Clover (Melilotus officinalis)
Yellow Sweet Clover is a legume originating in Eurasia flowering white or yellow.
It is appreciated for its anti-edematous and vessel-tonic properties and is used in the symptomatic treatment of venous circulatory problems.
Sweet clover contains coumarins and flavonoids. Coumarins have anticoagulant properties and its high content of flavonoid favours in the strengthening of the connective tissue in the blood vessels supporting the elasticity and tone of the microcirculation.
It is said to be useful for chronic problems of the circulation such as night cramps, itching and swelling in the legs. Sweet clover has sedative and antispasmodic effects towards the smooth muscles of the digestive tract and respiratory system. The plant also has diuretic properties.
- Anti-edematous and vessel-tonic properties
- Promote the strengthening of the connective tissue in the blood vessels supporting the elasticity and tone of the microcirculation
- Helpful for chronic problems of the circulation such as night cramps, itching and swelling in the legs
Parts used: leaves
Primary activities: antioxidant, circulatory support, vessel-tonic effect anti-inflammatory, diuretic
Caution: Sweet clovers may be contraindicated in cases of impaired liver function or elevated liver enzymes. Use with caution with anti-coagulation medications.
Hawkweed (Hieracium pilosella)
The hawkweed is a herbaceous plant originating in the temperate regions of Asia pretty rosette flowers with a yellow head and long leaves covered in white hairs, hence the reference to mouse ears. Hawkweed has long been known for its diuretic properties. It is advised for problems of water retention, edema of the lower limbs and to fight the skin imperfections of cellulites. Thanks to its dechlorinating action it can re-balances the blood pressure due to an overly salty diet.
- Support renal function with an important diuretic activity
- Helpful for problems of water retention
- Advised for the skin imperfections due to cellulitis
Parts used: whole herb
Primary activities: antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, diuretic, astringent, aperitive